As a Senior AML Compliance Consulting Manager, Jose leads engagement teams in diverse financial institutions providing subject matter expertise in BSA/AML, OFAC, Risk Management, Financial Crimes, and Forensic Investigations. His comprehensive understanding of a financial institution’s enterprise and business unit levels, together with a background in Sales and Marketing, enable Jose to dynamically address and foresee variable client needs in today’s demanding regulatory climate.
Jose develops tailored solutions to the institution’s numerous Compliance opportunities whether reengineering an AML program to simultaneously and efficiently leading a staff of over fifty (50) contractors on both coasts remediating a client’s regulatory order demands. By utilizing an active, multi-disciplinary approach to team management, Jose has mentored a new generation of AML Compliance professionals.
Enjoying an admirable industry reputation, Jose thrives in communicating and implementing robust and measurable AML and Compliance solutions to his clients while exceeding regulatory expectations.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Masters in International Business (MIB)
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish and conversant in Portuguese and Turkish
- Presented on trending topics involving currency exchange controls, cross-border transaction risk, MSB AML challenges and transaction monitoring, and suspicious activity determination best practices
- Pro-bono work for minority-owned small businesses regarding risk controls, ML exposure, organized crime threats, compliance expectations, and government oversight